Lean Six Sigma
- Pursue a Lean Six Sigma training and certification program, if you wish to be in the elite bracket of “Process improvement practitioners”.
- Lean Six Sigma certification is recognized all over the world.
- Lean Six Sigma training empowers you with tools to improve your operational processes.
- Lean Six Sigma certification will be a catapult to your career, if used correctly.
- You don’t need to be a statistician to be a Green Belt.
- You only need to know how to use certain tools and how to read the results from the tools.
- As you move up the ladder, you will start learning some statistical nuances.
Which training provider to choose from?
- Base your decision on 3 factors:
- Free project coaching for the first project after trainer
- Training accreditation
- Program delivery by an accredited trainer with experience in implementing projects.
- Cost or time or mode of learning should not be a consideration unless any of them is a constraint.
What is the current set of expectations?
- Ability to deal with problems.
- Ability to improve processes.
- Ability to cut costs to be cost-competitive.
- Ability to innovate to be strategically innovative.
What are the key cutting edge benefits of a Lean Six Sigma Belt?
- A Green Belt works on “functional/ BU” projects resulting in financial savings to the organization, in addition to enhanced customer satisfaction.
- A Black Belt works on “enterprise-wide” projects resulting in financial savings to the organization, in addition to enhanced customer satisfaction.
Ability to work on strategic impact projects thus delivering value to stakeholders is the most important benefit a Belt provides. This makes them the “most-sought-after” candidate by companies.
Are projects essential?
- Yes and not just any project.
- The word “project” implicitly means strategic impact projects.
- Success in Lean Six Sigma = f(Completion of strategic impact projects).
How to identify strategic impact projects?
A good training module will empower you in strategic impact project identification.
How to complete strategic impact projects?
- By implementing LSS DMAIC approach.
- By implementing DFSS approach.
- By getting coached by your trainer in implementing projects.
Can Lean Six Sigma be applied in any industry?
- Yes, Lean Six Sigma is an industry neutral discipline that has been and can be applied across most sectors.
- Departments like Research, Advertising, Fashion etc should stay away from application of LSS process improvement initiatives.
- Applying LSS improvement initiatives in “creative” fields will stifle creativity.
Is success guaranteed on completion of training?
- No. If you decide to complete your training and do nothing (Don’t apply on projects), you wouldn’t go too far with Lean Six Sigma.
- Yes. If you complete strategic impact projects after completion of training, you would decide the distance covered.
About The School of Continuous Improvement
The School of Continuous Improvement, established in 2012 has been known for its single minded focus on “Training for project deployment”. Realizing the importance of delivering optimal ROI for participants, The School of Continuous Improvement conducts stringent pre-training assessments to determine if the candidate is indeed worthy of doing a LSS program and vice versa.
40 trainees have completed their Lean Six Sigma training from The School of Continuous Improvement. 10 out of the 40 trainees have identified strategic impact projects. 6 out of the 10 trainees have completed their projects resulting in annualized savings of $250,000 approx.
- Trainees attend the training program.
- Trainees take the certification examination (paper based) at the end of the training program.
- Trainees awarded Technical Certification after successful completion of the examination (> 70% score).
- Trainees identify strategic impact projects and get coached by trainer.
- Trainees awarded Functional Certification after successful completion of strategic impact projects.
All Certifications are accredited by Council for Six Sigma Certifications.